Maximillienne Elliott

Max Elliott began her legal career after spending more than 20 years in Corporate America. After working for a boutique tax litigation firm, she launc

  • Trusts and Estates
  • Wills and Living Wills
  • Probate

Dana Brisbon

  • Workers Compensation
  • Personal Injury

Talk to an

African American / Black Lawyer in Chicago

We will submit your legal issue to licensed, pre-screened African American / Black attorneys in Chicago, Illinois who match your search criteria. We verify the licenses of attorneys whom we connect clients with once a year and require them to maintain a zero misconduct record with the state agency issuing their license.

Please note that this submission doesn't create an attorney-client communication. Attorney client relationship is formed only when attorney formally agrees to represent you. By submitting the form below you are giving permission to the attorneys we match you with to contact you.

Thank you for confirming your phone number

Can my ex sue me for child support and custody?

I have a 15 year old son who is saying he wants to go live with his dad because I’m too hard on him. His dad lets him get away with whatever he wants and I’m concerned my son won’t keep up with his homework or go to his school tutor if he lives with his dad. My ex is saying that if our son does go to live with him, he’s going to sue me for the same amount of child support he’s been paying to me. Can he sue me for custody of my son and child support just because my son doesn’t want to follow the rules at my house?
Published on 03/08/21
Answers: 0

Why did the court dismiss my uncontested divorce filing?

I just moved here from Texas and my wife stayed there with our kids. We talked about divorcing before I moved and agreed on all our marital issues. There’s nothing left to do but finalize the divorce. I filed here in Chicago and I just got notice from the court that my complaint was kicked back. What do I need to do get the court to accept my uncontested divorce paperwork and get my divorce over with? I did pay the court filing fee when I submitted the case.
Published on 03/08/21
Answers: 0