Michelle Smith Scott

Michelle Smith Scott has built a legal career helping people in the courtroom as a lawyer and former judge. Michelle's law practice focuses on Employm

  • Wrongful Termination
  • Sexual Harassment
  • Employment Discrimination

Freedom S.N. Smith

Freedom S.N. Smith is a partner in the Ice Miller LLP's Environmental group and works in the areas of regulatory compliance and risk management, envi

  • Environmental Law
  • Litigation
  • Agricultural Law

Mark Nicholson

I worked as a Civil Court Bailiff and a law clerk for the American Civil Liberties Union. At the Indiana State Public Defender Office, I worked as a l

  • Civil Rights
  • Criminal
  • Personal Injury
  • Family
  • DUI and DWI

Talk to an

African American / Black Lawyer in Indiana

Once you complete the search form below, we submit your legal issue to licensed, pre-screened African American / Black attorneys in Indiana matching your search criteria.

Please note that your submission gives permission for the attorneys we match you with to contact you. It does not create an attorney-client relationship. If an attorney agrees to represent you, they will formalize their professional relationship with you directly.

Thank you for confirming your phone number

Does child support go up if your child needs special medical care?

My ex has been paying child support regularly but now I might need an increase. Our son has been diagnosed with cancer and will need special medical treatment for at least the next 6 months. I’m discovering that many of his medical bills are not covered by insurance and I’m having to pay them out of pocket. I’ve asked my son’s father to contribute but he says he can’t afford to pay more than he’s been paying and that we should qualify for some financial assistance from the hospital based on our incomes. Applying for grants from the hospital takes time and I need to pay these bills now. Can I ask for a child support increase to have my ex pay his share of our son’s new medical bills?
Published on 03/08/21
Answers: 0

How do I file child abuse charges against my daughter’s daycare?

I think my daughter is being physically abused at daycare, maybe emotionally too. She is developmentally delayed and doesn’t talk. She does have a lot of functioning issues and her behavior can get aggressive at times. She’s coming home from the daycare provider with cuts and bruises and they say she is doing it to herself. She doesn’t hurt herself here at home and I’m concerned that the daycare can’t handle her and may be hitting or restraining her when she acts out. I called the Indiana Department of Child Services hotline and they said they would investigate, but I haven’t heard back. What do I need to go to get the daycare investigated and if they are abusing my daughter, how do I get them charged?
Published on 03/08/21
Answers: 0