Michael A. Walker

Attorney Michael A. Walker, is the founder of The Walker Firm. Attorney Walker is a sought after litigator with one of the fastest growing firms in t

  • Civil Rights
  • Criminal
  • DUI and DWI

Talk to an

African American / Black Lawyer in Pennsylvania

Once you complete the search form below, we submit your legal issue to licensed, pre-screened African American / Black attorneys in Pennsylvania matching your search criteria.

Please note that your submission gives permission for the attorneys we match you with to contact you. It does not create an attorney-client relationship. If an attorney agrees to represent you, they will formalize their professional relationship with you directly.

Thank you for confirming your phone number

Can my wife and I get an uncontested divorce if we have kids?

We want to pursue an uncontested divorce because we don’t want to spend a lot of money on legal fees. We’ve agreed that we will sell the house and split the proceeds, and how to divide our personal belongings. We also wrote up a custody agreement for the kids, and the only thing we don’t completely agree on is how much my wife should pay in child support. She runs her own business and makes more money than I do. I went online and saw that there is a form I can download to file for an uncontested divorce but it says we have to have a signed marital settlement agreement. Other than what we wrote about custody of our kids, I’m not sure what else we need to write down. What do we need to do to get that agreement and file for an uncontested divorce here in Philly?
Published on 03/08/21
Answers: 0

What exactly is a QDRO and how do I get one for my ex’s pension?

In my divorce the judge awarded me part of my husband’s pension. My lawyer at the time said I needed to have something called a “QDRO” to get my share of the retirement payments. I wasn’t happy with the way the lawyer handled my divorce and no QDRO was ever done. My ex is receiving his full pension every month and I’m not getting any part of it. I’ve researched how to do one myself and they seem very complicated. Every month that passes I’m being cheated out of my fair share of the retirement. I’ve asked my ex to pay me my share directly and he says he won’t until the law requires him to. How do I go about getting a QDRO and my retirement payments?
Published on 03/08/21
Answers: 0