James Curtis

As principle attorney and founder of The Curtis Firm, LLC., James Curtis provides skilled representation in a variety of matters, including cash seizu

  • Criminal Law
  • DUI and DWI
  • Federal Crime
  • Domestic Violence
  • Juvenile Justice

Talk to an

African American / Black Lawyer in Washington

We will submit your legal issue to licensed, pre-screened African American / Black attorneys in Washington who match your search criteria. We verify the licenses of attorneys whom we connect clients with once a year and require them to maintain a zero misconduct record with the state agency issuing their license.

Please note that this submission doesn't create an attorney-client communication. Attorney client relationship is formed only when attorney formally agrees to represent you. By submitting the form below you are giving permission to the attorneys we match you with to contact you.

Thank you for confirming your phone number

Can I stop my spouse from changing my child’s religion?

My ex husband and I were both raised as Baptists, and we got married in the Baptist church. Our 16 year old daughter was baptized in the same faith and my husband and I both agreed she would stay in that faith and attend church until she was an adult and could decide for herself. My ex has now remarried and his wife is catholic. He wants to convert to Catholicism and says my daughter wants to as well I am adamantly opposed to him trying to change my daughter’s religion and I think she’s only saying she’s interested in the catholic faith because her dad is pressuring her to join him. When we divorced, he and I were granted joint decision making authority over her. Can I use the joint child custody to stop him from trying to convert her to the catholic religion?
Published on 03/08/21
Answers: 0

Will a judge require my ex to pay child support for college?

Our son is highly gifted and wants to attend Cornish College of the Arts here in Seattle. He isn’t qualifying for as much financial aid as he needs because his father makes too much money. I make a lot less and can only contribute so much to my son’s expenses. My ex can definitely afford to send our son to Cornish, but refuses to pay because he doesn’t want our son to go to an arts school. Is there anything I can do to get a court to order him to pay for some or all of our son’s college?
Published on 03/08/21
Answers: 0